Adjusting techniques reduce spinal and extremity joint fixations, establish normal movement patterns, promote proper biomechanics, and reduce pain. We offer light and medium force techniques such as: Diversified, Thompson Drop, Gonstead, Motion Palpation, Pettibon,Neuromechanical Impulse Instrument, Cranio-Sacral therapy, NIMMO, and Myofascial Unwinding.
Sports Medicine includes a wide range of medical specialties, health professions and scientific disciplines, which focus on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of sports-related injuries. At Shapiro Chiropractic & Nutrition, we utilize ART, NMR, Graston technique for soft tissue remodeling. We also offer dynamic joint mobilizations, Kettlebell training, Olympic lifting, functional body weight, and Tabata method.
Massage Therapy is so much more than relaxation. It’s a proven method of healing!
What exactly are the benefits of receiving bodywork treatments?
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
Therapeutic Exercise is the combination of neuromuscular training with pain relieving and stabilizing rehab therapies. This allows us to address the muscles, joints, and alignment in the same visit offering quick relief from pain and nerve pressure.
Whole Food Nutrition
You know that chiropractors are experts when it comes to your back and helping to alleviate pain and fixing the underlying causes of back, neck and extremity pain. But did you know that many chiropractors also have extensive training in nutrition? The nutritive needs of your body are closely tied to the health of your musculoskeletal system. The ability to understand this relationship and ensure that our patients are receiving the best possible care is core to our mission of serving our patients and helping them get better.
To that end, Shapiro Chiropractic and Nutrition has its own proprietary line of the highest quality, safe and natural supplements available, tailored to your specific needs.
Clinical Nutrition is anchored by an examination of the core clinical imbalances that underlie various disease conditions. Those imbalances arise as inputs such as diet, nutrients (including air and water), exercise, and trauma are processed by one’s body, mind, and spirit through a unique set of genetic predispositions, attitudes, and beliefs. The fundamental functional processes include communication, both outside and inside the cell; bioenergetics, or the transformation of food into energy; replication, repair, and maintenance of structural integrity, from the cellular to the whole body level; elimination of waste; protection and defense; and transport and circulation. The core clinical imbalances that arise from malfunctions within this complex system include:
- Hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances
- Oxidation-reduction imbalances and mitochondropathy
- Detoxification and biotransformational imbalances
- Immune imbalances
- Inflammatory imbalances
- Digestive, absorptive, and microbiological imbalances
Structural imbalances from cellular membrane function to the musculoskeletal system
Imbalances such as these are the precursors to the signs and symptoms by which we detect and label (diagnose) organ system disease. Improving balance – in the patient’s environmental inputs and in the body’s fundamental physiological processes – is the precursor to restoring health and it involves much more than treating the symptoms. Functional medicine is dedicated to improving the management of complex, chronic disease by intervening at multiple levels to address these core clinical imbalances and to restore each patient’s functionality and health. Functional medicine is not a unique and separate body of knowledge. It is grounded in scientific principles and information widely available in medicine today, combining research from various disciplines into highly detailed yet clinically relevant models of disease pathogenesis and effective clinical management.
Visualization has long been the primary tool for mind/body healing. From a scientific perspective, we know, that because visualization directly impacts the body’s neurological system, it can have a direct influence on us physically. If your mind can cause this kind of impact on your body, is there any reason it can’t relax your muscles, overpower nicotine, stimulate your metabolism, or even do away with chronic pain? Through New Reality’s visualization techniques, you experience positive and appropriate ways to imagine your personal goals. This helps you remain optimistic and motivated toward changes that bring about your success.
But don’t think Creative Visualization is only a nice, relaxing daydream. People who regularly relax with CVR processes enjoy a number of side-benefits. These may include:
- Increased blood flow to the brain, resulting in clearer thinking, better concentration, improved memory and enhanced creativity
- A 21% increase in serotonin, which calms the mind and body and creates an overall sense of wellbeing
- A 25% increase in endorphins, the hormones that flow through your body when you feel happy
- Better sleep patterns. Twenty minutes of CVR can be equivalent to 2-3 hours of sleep, so you may find yourself sleeping less, feeling more rested, accomplishing more, and finding extra enjoyment in life.
- Soaring energy levels
- More fulfilling relationships
- Improved career satisfaction
- A clearer sense of purpose
- And last, but certainly not least, a seemingly effortless ability to manage stress